Dreaming Award Nomination
Closing date: extended to 23 October 2017
Project start date: 1 June 2018
The Dreaming Award was established in 2012 to recognise an inspirational young artist aged 18-26 years and support the opportunity for them to create a major body of work through mentoring and partnerships, either nationally or internationally.
The successful candidate is mentored in their chosen discipline (music, dance, theatre, literature, visual arts, new media, and cultural vibrancy) by another established professional artist or by an arts institution nominated by the artist. In addition, the Australia Council will promote the achievements of the recipient to inspire other young artists.
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts Strategy Panel will base their selection on the following considerations:
- A project idea/concept
- Artistic merit of the project
- Cultural integrity of the project
- Professional development benefits of the project for the individual and the art form involved
- Experience of the artists and/or arts workers involved, with skills appropriate to the project.
Your support material should demonstrate past or present work by you and/or your collaborators, which is relevant to the EOI you are applying for.
There are three types of support material you may submit:
1. Artistic support material
This should include relevant, recent examples of your artistic work
2. Artists information
You can include a brief bio or curriculum vitae (CV) for yourself and any additional artists or key collaborators involved in the project.
3. Letters of support
Individuals, groups or organisations can write letters in support of your project. A support letter should explain to the assessment panel how the project or activity will benefit the applicant or the broader community.
What type of support material do we accept
Our preferred method of receiving support material is via URLs (web links).
You can submit URLs, which may include video, audio, images, and written material.
Please note that these URLs can include a total of:
- 10 minutes of video and/or audio recording
- 10 images
- 10 pages of written material (for example, excerpts of literary writing).
If you cannot supply support material via URLs, you may upload support material with your application in the following formats:
- Video (MP4, QuickTime, and Windows Media)
- Audio (MP3 and Windows Media)
- Images (JPEG and PowerPoint)
- Written material (Word and PDF)
Please contact Frank Trotman-Golden, Projects Manager, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts on 02 9215 9167 or F.Trotman-Golden@australiacouncil.gov.au if you need a Dreaming Award form mailed out to you.