Young and Emerging Dreaming Award
The Australia Council is now calling for Expressions of Interest for the 2019 Young and Emerging Dreaming Award.
The Dreaming Award was established in 2012 to support an inspirational young artist aged 18-26 years to create a major body of work through mentoring and partnerships. The mentor/partner will be another established professional artist or arts institution nominated by the artist.
The Dreaming Award is self-nominated and you can apply by submitting an Expression of Interest. It does not count as one of the three grant applications that can be submitted throughout the year to the Australia Council Grant Programs.
This award will be presented at the National Indigenous Arts Awards in May 2019.
Closing date: 11:59pm Wednesday 7 November 2018. Technical and administrative support will not be available after 5pm on the closing date.
Who can apply?
First Nations emerging artists and arts workers aged 18-26 years.
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts Strategy Panel assess the application based on the following assessment criteria:
· the strength of the project concept
· the artistic merit of the concept
· the cultural integrity of the project
· professional development benefits for the individual and the art form involved
· experience of the artists and/or arts workers involved, with skills appropriate to the project.
What to expect in the application
You will need the following for your application:
· a brief summary of the project (100 characters or less)
· detailed description (8000 characters or less) explaining:
· what you plan to do
· how you plan to do it
· its aims and expected outcomes
· why this project is important as a young Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander artist.
Remember to consider the above assessment criteria in your response.
· letters of support
· letters of confirmation
· artistic support material.
How to apply
To apply for the award, click the button below and sign in to your Australia Council account (if you do not already have one, please register for a new account). Once signed in, click on Grants & Grant Reporting and select Expressions of Interest (EOI) from the drop-down menu.Click the blue button to Start a New expression of interest (EOI).
You will be asked if you are applying as a Group, and Individual or an Organisation. Select Individual and then selectYoung and Emerging Dreaming Award
You will then be asked to confirm and/or update your details.
For any questions in relation to the Young and Emerging Dreaming Award, please contact Airlie Welch on (02) 9215 9167 or firstname.lastname@example.org