Code of Conduct
All employees of the Australia Council must comply with the organisation's behaviours and Code of Conduct.
This Code is incorporated in the Australia Council's Enterprise Agreement 2011-2014, and requires staff to:
- Behave honestly and with integrity
- Act with care and diligence
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy and without harassment of any kind
- Comply with all applicable Australian laws
- Not provide false or misleading information in response to a request for information that is made for official purposes
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by someone in the Australia Council who has the authority to give the direction
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Disclose and take reasonable steps to avoid any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in the course of their employment
- Use Australia Council and Commonwealth resources in a proper manner
- Not make improper use of inside information, or their duties, status, power or authority in order to gain, or seek to gain, a benefit or advantage for themselves or any other person
- At all times behave in a way that upholds the integrity and good reputation of the Australia Council
- While on duty overseas, behave at all times in a way that upholds the good reputation of the Australia Council.