Macquarie Group Foundation First Nations emerging curator award 2017
Applications open: 1 July 2017
Applications close: 30 July 2017
Notification to artist: 25 August 2017
Announcement of winner: 25 September 2017
The Macquarie Group First Nations Emerging Curator Award celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the 1967 Referendum and the 30th Anniversary of the Macquarie Group Collection, the theme of which is The Land and Its Psyche. The award is a partnership between the Macquarie Group Foundation and the Australia Council for the Arts to support an inspirational First Nations emerging visual arts curator in their professional development and curatorial practice.
The successful curator will receive $15,000 and the opportunity to:
- curate a new exhibition in 2018, mentored by the Macquarie Group Collection Director and Curatorial Consultant and Senior First Nations curator
- participate in professional development opportunities nationally and internationally with the Australia Council for the Arts.
The award recognises the value and benefits for emerging visual arts curators to participate and engage in a range of professional development opportunities, at a national and international level. This Award recognises the next generation of First Nations curators in Australia as a vital part of the wider curatorial network.
The recipient will engage in deep artistic and cultural exchange as the next generation of First Nations visual arts curators, while contributing to the international profile of Australia’s First Nations arts through their curatorial practice.
Who can apply
This opportunity is open to Australian First Nations emerging visual arts curators who are in the first five (5) years of their professional practice.
Applicants must have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in their visual arts curatorial practice and be able to demonstrate successful participation in a number of curatorial projects.
How to apply
Register online and submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) with your support material to by 30 July 2017
- Professional experience
- Curatorial Proposal for the exhibition (no more than three pages, including images)
- Professional development goals that you would like to achieve
- How this experience would develop your curatorial practice
Support material must include:
- Your biography
- Examples of previous curatorial projects
- Support letters (at least two)
Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss their application with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts team. Any questions relating to this opportunity please contact Patricia Adjei, First Nations Strategic Development Manager. Ring toll free 1800 226 912 or 02 9215 9009 or email: email@example.com.