Payment of a grant is made after grant conditions have been accepted and on the submission of a valid, written tax invoice to the Australia Council by the grant recipient or administering body. A valid tax invoice is a document that meets all of the following requirements:
- it is issued by the grant recipient or administering body
- it includes the grant recipient's (or administering body's) identity and ABN
- it includes a brief description of the grant
- the date the document is issued is clearly visible
- the grant amount and the amount of GST (if any) payable for the grant is clearly identified
- that the words "tax invoice" appear clearly on the document.
One-off project grant payments are usually made on signing of the funding agreement and on provision of an invoice. Multi-payment project grants and multi-year organisation grants are made based on the payment schedule included in our conditions of grant.
It is important to note that except where specified, approval of any grant to an individual, group or organisation does not commit the Australia Council, its board and assessment panels to any future funding of that individual, group or organisation. Funding will be awarded to those who best meet the assessment criteria within the amount of funds available.