What a peer does
If you are invited to participate in an assessment, you will need to:
- Sign a contract for the role
- Participate in an induction to the peer role and grant categories
- Review all the applications and relevant support material
- Score each application against the assessment criteria, and decide whether to recommend it for funding
- Discuss the merits of the applications with other peers at an assessment meeting, and agree the ranked order of applications for each grant category
- Peers may be asked to assess between 20 and 130 applications depending on the panel.
The Assessment Process is Accessible
The Australia Council is committed to ensuring our vision, processes and outcomes recognise diversity. The Peer Services team works closely with our peers to ensure the assessment process is accessible. This could include providing Auslan interpreters, having application material captioned or audio described, or supporting caring responsibilities.