Event dates: 2017 - 2018
Amount: $5,000 - $30,000
Applications closing dates:
- Round 1 - Midnight, Tuesday 28 November 2017
- Round 2 - Midnight, Tuesday 16 January 2018
- Round 3 - Midnight, Tuesday 13 February 2018
- Round 4 - Midnight, Tuesday 20 March 2018
- Round 5 - Midnight, Tuesday 17 April 2018
- Round 6 - Midnight, Tuesday 15 May 2018
- Round 7 - Midnight, Tuesday 12 June 2018
You will be notified of the outcome of your submission within 2 weeks of the closing date.
About the opportunity
The Strategic International Market Fund is an outcomes based fund that provides support for artists and arts organisations to respond to opportunities that directly arise from Australia Council strategic projects delivered by the Australia Council in target international markets (Western Europe, North Asia, South and South East Asia, North America and Canada).
This fund supports activities such as:
- showcasing and festival appearances
- international collaborations
- literature translation costs
- arts practice based research
- market development activity
Strategic initiatives and resulting opportunities that can be applied for include:
- Asia Develops Asia Meeting (ADAM)
- Australian Performing Arts Market (APAM)
- China/Korea Publishers Visit
- China SPAF
- Dance Massive
- Dhaka Arts Summit
- IETM plenaries
- Incoming visitors programs including VIPs
- India Art Fair / Kochi-Muziris Biennale
- Indian Literature Exploratory
- In Between Time Festival
- International Performing Arts for Youth (IPAY)
- New York in January
- Performing Arts Festival Berlin
- Showcase platforms at Brighton Festival and Theater der Welt
- Singapore International Festival of Arts
- Tokyo Performing Arts Meeting (TPAM)
- Tri Nation Curators Exchange
Please note new projects will be added to this list as they occur. Activity can be linked to any of these projects from 1 January 2016 onwards.
We accept submissions from individuals, groups and organisations. The fund is open to those who have been funded by the Australia Council or who have self-funded to participate in these strategic initiatives.
Please check the general eligibility requirements on the Australia Council website.
Applicants are required to respond to the following selection criteria:
- The impact of the proposal on developing a market for your work and enhancing your international networks and profile
- The commitment of any international partners to pay a reasonable fee and/or to support the proposal adequately through cash or in-kind
- The timeliness of the proposal and your demonstrated ability to effectively deliver within time frames and budgets
- The impact of your proposal on advancing Australia Council’s strategic goals and international strategy
The following support material must be submitted with your proposal:
- Copies of any confirmations from international partners, including fee confirmation, collated into one file
- A URL link to relevant partner websites
Your submission will be reviewed by Australia Council staff. We may seek industry advice on your proposal before making our decision.
In considering your submission we will take into account Council’s strategic goals, international strategy and specific international strategic initiatives.
How to submit an Expression of Interest
Click on the ‘Submit an EOI’ button at the bottom of this page. Expressions of Interest must be submitted via the Australia Council’s online system. To apply in the online system, please click on ‘Grants & Grant Reporting’ and choose ‘Expressions of Interest (EOI)’.
Note, this is an Expression of Interest and not a grant application. It does not count as an application to the Australia Council Grants Program.
When submitting you EOI please select the Strategic International Market Fund closing date 12 June 2018. This program runs until June and during that period applications are assessed each month as per the closing dates listed above.
Changes to payments
The way Australia Council payments are made has changed. Effective immediately, payment recipients will no longer send an invoice for payment. Instead, after you accept our offer of funding we will make payment to your nominated bank account and send you a Recipient Created Tax Invoice (RCTI).
Important information for administered funding
If you plan to have your funding administered by a third party, applicants will now need to ensure that the administrator is registered on the Australia Council online system before you begin your application. This means you cannot complete or submit an application if your administrator is not registered.
To discuss your expression of interest, please contact Ellen Dwyer on +61 02 9215 9051 or email@example.com
Please find attached a list of successful applications to previous rounds.