Strategic International Market Fund
Event dates: 2017 - 2018
Amount: $5,000 - $30,000
Applications closing dates:
- Round 1 - Midnight, Tuesday 28 November 2017
- Round 2 - Midnight, Tuesday 16 January 2018
- Round 3 - Midnight, Tuesday 13 February 2018
- Round 4 - Midnight, Tuesday 20 March 2018
- Round 5 - Midnight, Tuesday 17 April 2018
- Round 6 - Midnight, Tuesday 15 May 2018
- Round 7 - Midnight, Tuesday 12 June 2018
You will be notified of the outcome of your submission within 2 weeks of it being received.
About the opportunity
The Strategic International Market Fund provides support for artists and arts organisations to respond to opportunities and develop networks in target international markets that directly follow on from strategic initiatives delivered by the Australia Council.
Strategic initiatives and resulting opportunities that can be applied for include:
- Asia Discovers Asia Meeting (ADAM)
- India Literature Exploratory
- China SPAF
- In Between Time Festival
- Showcase platforms at Brighton Festival and Theater der Welt
- New York In January Performing Arts Events
- Tokyo Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama (TPAM)
- Dhaka Arts Summit
- Australian Performing Arts Market (APAM)
- International Performing Arts for Youth (IPAY)
- Performing Arts Festival Berlin
- IETM plenaries
- North America Literature delegation
- Incoming visitors programs including VIPs
- Singapore International Festival of Arts
- Tri Nation Curators Exchange
- China/Korea Publishers Visit
- India Art Fair / Kochi-Muziris Biennale
- Gwangju Biennale and Mediacity Seoul
Please note new platforms will be added to this list as they occur.
We accept submissions from individuals, groups and organisations.
Please check the general eligibility requirements on the Australia Council website.
Applicants are required to respond to the following selection criteria:
- The impact of the proposal on developing a market for your work and enhancing your international networks and profile
- The commitment of any international partners to pay a reasonable fee and/or to support the proposal adequately through cash or in-kind.
- The timeliness of the proposal and your demonstrated ability to effectively deliver within time frames and budgets
- The impact of your proposal on advancing Australia Council’s strategic goals and international strategy
The following support material must be submitted with your proposal:
- Copies of any confirmations from international partners, including fee confirmation, collated into one file
- A url link to relevant partner websites
Your submission will be reviewed by Australia Council staff. We may seek industry advice on your proposal before making our decision.
In considering your submission we will take into account Council’s strategic goals, international strategy and specific international strategic initiatives.
How to submit an Expression of Interest
Click on the ‘Submit an EOI’ button at the bottom of this page. Expressions of Interest must be submitted via the Australia Council’s online system. To apply in the online system, please click on ‘Grants & Grant Reporting’ and choose ‘Expressions of Interest (EOI)’.
Note, this is an Expression of Interest and not a grant application. It does not count as an application to the Australia Council Grants Program.
Changes to grants payments
The way Australia Council grants payments are made has changed. Effective immediately, grant recipients will no longer send an invoice for payment of a grant. Instead, after you accept our offer of funding, we will pay your grant into your nominated bank account and send you a Recipient Created Tax Invoice (RCTI).
Important information for administered funding
If you plan to have your funding administered by a third party, applicants will now need to ensure that the administrator is registered on the Australia Council online system before you begin your application. This means you cannot complete or submit an application if your administrator is not registered.
To discuss your expression of interest, please contact Matthew Loftus on 02 9215 9071 or M.Loftus@australiacouncil.gov.au