2018 Australia Council Awards
The Australia Council is pleased to announce this year’s recipients of the prestigious Australia Council awards, which recognise and celebrate the significant contributions of leading artists to the artistic and cultural vibrancy of the nation.
The recipients demonstrate an extraordinary range of outstanding and sustained achievement across music, literature, community arts and cultural development, emerging and experimental arts, visual arts, theatre, and dance.
Nominated by industry peers, the eight recipients of the national awards for 2018 are:
- Christian (Bong) Ramilo (NT) - Australia Council Ros Bower Award for Community Arts and Cultural
- Edwin Kemp Attrill (SA) - Australia Council Kirk Robson Award for
Community Arts and Cultural Development
- Nigel Helyer (NSW) - Australia Council Award for Emerging & Experimental Arts
- Liza Lim (VIC) - Australia Council Don Banks Music Award
- Phillip Adams (VIC) - Australia Council Award for Dance
- Liz Jones AO (VIC) - Australia Council Award for Theatre
- Pat Brassington (TAS) - Australia Council Award for Visual Arts
- Bruce Pascoe (VIC) - Australia Council Award for Lifetime Achievement in Literature
Read our media release here for more information.
Mavis and Peter Robson, Lee-Ann Tjunypa
Buckskin, Bruce Pascoe, Wenona Byrne, Edwin Kemp Attrill, Senator Mitch
Fifield, Lisa Lim, Paul Mason, Pat Brassington, Liz Jones AO, Jeremy Smith,
Laura McCleod, Annette Madden, Adrian Burnett, Christian (Bong) Ramilo, Phillip
Adams, Nigel Helyer, Rupert Myer AO