DArt Topics in Arts Policy, No. 30, Regulation of Radio Music
|Organisation||International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies (IFACCA)|
|Position||Research and Project Officer|
|Other organisations or people involved||Arts Council of Finland|
|Objectives||The survey formed part of an Arts Council of Finland research project to examine legislative and other types of regulation relating to music broadcast by public service broadcasters and commercial local radio stations in certain countries.
Responses indicate that Canada, Latvia and Zimbabwe have regulations relating to the type of music broadcast on radio. While there are no specific regulations in Finland, New Zealand and Switzerland, these and other countries have broad government guidelines or general instructions regarding radio music.
This report provides a summary and analysis of responses, including a list of selected online resources and websites.
|Web Links||Full text|
|Project start date||May 2008|
|Project completion date||May 2009|
- DArt Topics in Arts Policy, No. 40 Supporting international arts activity issues for national arts funding agencies
- DArt Topics in Arts Policy, No. 27 Major Performing Arts Organisations: A Review of the Issues for Funding Agencies
- DArt Topics in Arts Policy, No. 39, Intercultural dialogue through the arts and culture? Concepts, policies, programmes, practices
- DArt Topics in Arts Policy, No. 37, Global financial crisis and recession: Impact on the arts
- DArt Topics in Arts Policy, No. 36, Defining and Mapping Intangible Cultural Heritage