Dance Massive 2017 Project Fund
Amount: Up to $25,000
Expressions of interest close: 16 May 2017
Notification: Early June 2017
About the opportunity
Expressions of Interest are invited for funding for presentations and tours arising from Dance Massive 2017.
You must have attended Dance Massive 2017 and received an invitation to present your work internationally to be eligible to apply.
We will only be able to support a limited number of proposals. You are also encouraged to consider funding options available through the Australia Council’s Grants Program.
As this is strategic project funding, your proposal will not count towards your annual total allowable applications to the Australia Council’s Grants Program.
The Australia Council will only accept Expressions of Interest from independent artists and small to medium companies who attended Dance Massive 2017.
Major Performing Arts companies are ineligible to apply.
Please check the general eligibility requirements on the Australia Council website.
Please contact us if you are unsure if you are eligible to apply.
What can you apply for
Proposals must be for new presentations or tours. You cannot apply for other activities such as creative development, residencies and workshops.
Allowable costs include:
- Per diems, travel and accommodation for Australian artists
- Remount costs
- Production and touring costs
- Marketing and promotion costs.
What you can’t apply for
You can’t apply for:
- Projects or activities that do not involve or benefit practicing artists or arts workers
- Projects or activities that do not have a clearly defined arts component; and
- Projects that have already taken place
- Projects that would take place without this funding.
In reviewing your Expression of Interest we will consider the following:
- the impact of the international presentation on developing future international opportunities and the importance of the tour in enhancing your reputation
- your demonstrated understanding of the region and the market proposed for the presentation
- the commitment from the presenter to pay a reasonable fee and to support the engagement adequately
- the timeliness of the presentation and your demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate an international touring project.
We may seek industry advice on your Expression of Interest before making our decision.
You will be informed of the outcome of your Expression of Interest by early June 2017.
The following support material must be included with your Expression of Interest:
- A budget (please complete the budget template in the online system)
- Copies of your invitations from presenters, including fee confirmation, collated into one file
- A URL link to recent examples of your artistic work.
How to submit an Expression of Interest
Click on the ‘Submit an EOI’ button at the bottom of this page. Expressions of Interest must be submitted via the Australia Council’s online system. To apply in the online system, please click on ‘Grants & Grant Reporting’ and choose ‘Expressions of Interest (EOI)’.
Note, this is an Expression of Interest and not a grant application. It does not count as an application to the Australia Council Grants Program.
To discuss your Expression of Interest, please contact Ellen Dwyer, Project Officer, International Projects on 02 9215 9051 or email@example.com.