India Literature Exploratory 2017
Expressions of interest have now closed
Notification: Mid October 2016
Event dates: 13 – 25 January 2017
About the opportunity
Expressions of interest are now open for an Australian delegation to attend key literature and publishing events in India in January 2017.
A delegation of Australian publishers and programmers at writers’ festivals and centres will undertake a 12-day program in India. The delegation will visit the Lit for Life Festival in Chennai, the Kolkata Literary Festival, Jaipur Literature Festival and Jaipur Bookmark, and New Delhi, as well as participating in industry meetings and networking events.
The Australia Council will arrange and cover costs for:
- Internal economy class flights within India and ground transport to programmed events;
- Registration to the Lit for Life Festival, Kolkata Literary Festival, Jaipur Literature Festival and Jaipur Bookmark; and
- Accommodation in Chennai, Kolkata, New Delhi and Jaipur.
The Australia Council will support six delegates with $2,500 towards the cost of a return flight from Australia to India, a business visa and travel insurance. Any additional travel, living away from home costs, additional accommodation costs and all other incidental costs are the responsibility of individual delegates.
Australian publishers and programmers at writers’ festivals and centres are eligible to apply. Participants of previous India Literature Exploratory delegations are eligible to apply for this opportunity.
Please check the general eligibility requirements on the Australia Council website.
You are required to respond to the following selection criteria:
1. Impact of the opportunity
Industry advisers will consider the impact of the opportunity for the individual, group, organisation and/or work represented. They may consider one or more of the following:
- How the opportunity will strengthen your capacity as an arts professional and/or organisation to deliver your international goals;
- How the opportunity delivers on your international goals; and
- The relevance and timeliness of the proposed opportunity in delivering your international goals.
2. Market readiness
Industry advisers will consider the market readiness of the individual, group and/or organisation. They may consider:
- How being at this event will consolidate and increase your target contacts and partnerships; and
- How you define the potential of your work at this international event.
You are not required to submit a budget with your expression of interest.
No supporting material is required. Please note that you will be unable to attach supporting material to your online expression of interest.
Industry advisers will consider expressions of interest according to the selection criteria above and make recommendations to the Australia Council’s International Projects Team.
You will be informed of the outcome of your expressions of interest bymid October 2016.
How to submit an ‘Expression of Interest’
Click on the ‘Submit an EOI’ button at the bottom of this page. Expressions of interest must be submitted via the Australia Council’s online system. To apply in the online system, please click on ‘Grants & Grant Reporting’ and choose ‘Expressions of Interest (EOI)’.
Note, this is an expression of interest and not a grant application. It does not count as an application to the Australia Council Grants Program.
To discuss your expression of interest, please contact Amrit Gill, Manager, International Projects on +61 2 9215 9107 or email@example.com.