Touring update and FAQs
On 22 August 2012 the Minister for the Arts, the Hon Simon Crean MP, announced the transfer of a number of touring programs to the Australia Council.
The programs are: Playing Australia, Visions of Australia and the Contemporary Touring Initiative, Festivals Australia, and the Contemporary Music Touring Program.
The Australia Council has established a National Touring team within the Arts Development Division. Our team combines strong experience in museums, galleries, libraries and performing arts. Funding decisions will be made by peer panels with appropriate expertise to assess the applications.
Some of these programs are now open for applications, with others to open shortly. We look forward to working with a broad range of arts organisations and venues throughout Australia as we administer these programs and will keep you informed of any developments.
You can find information on these programs at http://www.australiacouncil.gov.au/touring and there are some FAQs below.
Who will manage the grants within the Australia Council?
- Arts Development will administer Visions of Australia and the Contemporary Touring Initiative, Playing Australia, and Festivals Australia.
- The Australia Councilâ€™s Music Board will administer the Contemporary Music Touring Program.
Who will assess the rounds?
- The Australia Council will appoint appropriate skills-based panels. We will ensure panels have required expertise and sector knowledge. Panellists will conform to Australia Council Peer Guidelines.
What are the key dates?
- Visions of Australia round 39 opens 23 October 2012, closes 30 November 2012
- Playing Australia round 41 opens 23 October 2012, closes 30 November 2012
- Contemporary Music Touring Program round 24 opens 26 October 2012, closes 3 December 2012
The Australia Council will also open Festivals Australia:
- Festivals Australia round 35 opens 23 October 2012, closes 23 November 2012
How do I apply?
The Australia Council uses an on line application process for all grants.
- Application forms will be found on the Australia Council site as per opening round dates above.
- Playing Australia
- Festivals Australia
- Visions of Australia and Contemporary Touring Initiative
Application forms for the Contemporary Music Touring Program will be available online shortly.
- The grant system enables support material to be attached in electronic form www.australiacouncil.gov.au/grants
Will the guidelines change?
The guidelines for the current rounds will largely remain unchanged; this includes support material requirements.
Who do I contact about the programs?
Please call Toll-free 1800 226 912 if you have questions regarding the programs.
Playing Australia, Visions of Australia and the Contemporary Touring Initiative, Festivals Australia:
- Penny Miles, Program Manager National Touring
- Tara Kita, Program Officer.
Contemporary Music Touring Program:
- Andy Rantzen, Program Manager Music.
If you have questions regarding previous rounds decisions or contracts please refer: to the following fact sheets:
For further information regarding dates and guidelines: www.australiacouncil.gov.au/touring