Signature Works: Innovation Lab 2018
Applications have now closed
Applicants notified: November 2017
Event Dates: 6 – 10 March 2018
Location: Conference Centre, 40km from Sydney CBD
We are inviting expressions of interest to participate in an immersive five (5) day residential Innovation Lab in March 2018. The Lab will offer an entirely First Nations creative space with the ambition to strengthen future First Nations signature works and embolden artists with strong ideas and innovative work.
This is a unique opportunity for First Nations arts professionals to collaboratively develop and create new ideas and concepts for works that will push forward sector thinking and understanding of First Nations signature works. It is an opportunity for artists to be invigorated and inspired.
Who is the Signature Works: Innovation Lab 2018 for?
The program will suit established and emerging First Nations artists and arts workers who want to be on the forefront of ambitious arts projects.
The programme is aimed at First Nations arts professionals who have at least five years’ experience in the creative industries. Participants are typically in the first decade of their career and will be selected based on the strength of their project pitch.
The Innovation Lab includes:
- 5 day residential, held in NSW
- Sessions lead by experts sector leaders and mentors
- Introductory materials
- Participating in group or partner work
Participants in the program will gain:
- The opportunity to develop project concepts in a cross artform environment
- Enhanced networks
- The opportunity to pitch for $10,000 seed funding for an ambitious arts project
Innovation Lab 6 March – 10 March 2018
What is included in the program
- Australia Council will arrange all accommodation, meals and economy travel
- Participants will receive a $1,000 participation fee
- An opportunity to pitch for $10,000 seed funding projects
- Track record as a practicing artist or creative professional
- The artistic merit of your 1,000 word pitch
- Willingness to participate, collaborate and share
- Artistic achievement
How to apply
Complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) form and Return along with support material by 27 September 2017 to email@example.com
Support material must include an artist biography that highlights significant achievements and a headshot or selfie/face pix.
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts Strategy Panel will curate participants.
The cohort will be selected against a framework considering the overall mix of participants necessary to reflect a balanced mix of artforms, occupations, experience and gender.
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application once the selection process has been completed.
Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss their application with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts Project team.
Ring toll free on 1800 226 912 or 02 9215 9144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org