Scope of information
On application and proposal forms:
· birth date
· telephone numbers and email address
· demographic details such as ethnic background and disability
On registration forms for the register of peers:
· all of the above plus areas of expertise
On funding agreements:
· bank details
Subscribers to e-newsletters
· Any or all of the above
Use and Disclosures
We only use your personal information for the purposes you gave it to us, and for related, internal management purposes. We do not give information about you to other government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
· you have consented
· you’d expect us to or we have told you we will
· for a secondary but related purpose
· it is required or authorised by law
· it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health
· the disclosure is reasonably necessary for law enforcement or for the protection of public revenue
We only collect personal information from you when you provide it directly to us. If you browse our website, we do not collect any personal information. Our website collects generic statistical only, such as data that gives the country of the person browsing the website, and which browser they used.
We appreciate feedback from our users relating to the services we offer on our website. Please let us know if you have any suggestions by emailing us at email@example.com
You may access personal information that we hold about you or you can ask us to correct personal information we hold about you. For information about how to access or correct personal information collected on our website see get in touch with us using our contact details
Privacy Impact Assessment (‘PIA’) Register
In accordance with the Privacy Code, effective 1 July 2018, the Australia Council is required to maintain a register of all PIA's undertaken. Under Section 15 of the Code an agency’s PIA register, or a version of the register, must be published on their website.
Currently the Australia Council has not registered any PIAs. Any future PIAs will be registered here.
Privacy collection notice
We will only collect your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our functions under the Privacy Act 1988.
If you contact the Australia Council to request information or to make an enquiry or a complaint, any personal information (such as your name, email or telephone number) that you provide when contacting us will be used for the purpose of responding to your request, enquiry or complaint.
Our Office is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988. Our website follows the Privacy Commissioner's Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government Websites.
How to contact us
You may contact us:
· using details on our website - Contact us section or alternatively
· write to us at: Australia Council 372 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010 or
· for information about the IPS or FOI by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the Privacy Act can be found at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website
Privacy hotline: 1300 363 992 (local call charge)