Applications are now closed
Applications open: 28 October 2019
Applications close: 2 December 2019 (11.59pm AEDT)
Project start date: 1 May 2020
Amount: up to $50,000Download the RTF version of these guidelines.
About the opportunity
Chosen engages artists and communities to determine program design, delivery and evaluation to ensure the successful intergenerational transfer of arts and culture knowledge from older to younger generations.
This is an opportunity for First Nations communities, elders and senior artists to identify areas for younger people to be skilled through models that are appropriate to the project . The goal is to ensure the passing on of artistic and cultural knowledge from older generations through to younger generations.
This initiative is open to First Nations Individuals, groups and organisations.
1. The cultural integrity of the project
- Adherence to relevant cultural protocols
- Evidence of considered consultation and engagement with participants, audiences and communities
2. The skills and strengths of communities and individuals involved in the activity
- Artistic merit of the project
- Artistic and Cultural experience of senior people
- Quality of work previously produced
3. Support of younger people throughout the project
- Clear indication of how young people will be involved
- Models of apprenticeship, mentoring or guided instructions
4. The benefits and engagement of the activity for the individuals, community and the artform/s involved
- Clear need for this activity at this time
- Relevance and timeliness of activities to the community
- Capacity to strengthen skills and ability of artists/communities
5. The viability of your activity
- Partnerships and/or long-term sustainability
- Effective use of resources with realistic and achievable planning
- Level of confirmation of proposed activities and partners
- Clear outline of income, expenses and in-kind contributions
- Costed project budget activities
Applications will be assessed by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts Strategy Panel in March 2020 and notification end of March 2020.
- Brief bio or curriculum vitae (CV) for yourself and any additional artists or key collaborators involved in the project
- Written evidence of support and ongoing participation of at least three senior Indigenous people with authority in the community or arts sector
- Letters of support
Our preferred method of receiving support material is via URLs (web links). You can submit URLs which many include video, audio, images and written material.
Download the RTF version of these guidelines.
ContactTo discuss your application, please contact:
Michelle Wong: Project Officer, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts
Ph: 02 9215 9171