Travel Fund for Literature
There is no closing date for this opportunity. Decisions will be announced within 4 weeks of receipt of the proposal.
Amount: Contributions of $5,000 per successful applicant are available.Apply now
About the fund
Individuals or international literary organisations may apply to support authors to travel to attend events or activities associated with publication and promotion of their work overseas. The proposal should include a program of activities designed to engage international readers and literary audiences.
This funding may assist with international air fares and other travel costs associated with participation in literary festivals, book tours or other promotional events.
Who may apply:
- Published Australian authors and illustrators of literary works.
- International literary organisations including festivals and publishers.
Applications will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- quality of the work
- timeliness of the opportunity
- significance and range of activities planned
- the likely impact of the proposed activities on the author or illustrator’s career
- the level of publisher or international literary organisation’s support
Applications will be assessed by Australia Council staff.
The following support material is required:
- a letter of invitation from the literary organisation
- a biography of the author
- up to 10 pages of your work, preferably from the work/s to be internationally promoted/published
Download the RTF version of these guidelines.
To discuss your application, please contact:
Wenona Byrne, Arts Practice Director - Literature, +61292159031, W.Byrne@australiacouncil.gov.au
Joanne Simpson, Grants Officer, +61292159057, J.Simpson@australiacouncil.gov.au