Borak Arts Series at Ozasia Festival, 2018
Expressions of Interest are now closed.
Notification: Early September 2018
Event dates: 1-3 November 2018
Application deadline: Tuesday 11 September 2018 by midnight
To apply for an expression of interest, click the button below and sign in to your Australia Council account (if you do not already have one, please register for a new account). Once signed in, click on Grants & Grant Reporting and select Expressions of Interest (EOI) from the drop-down menu.
About the opportunity
Expressions of Interest (EOIs) are now open for Australian artists, producers and presenters in the performing arts to receive a travel bursary to attend Borak Arts Series at OzAsia Festival from 1-3 November 2018 in Adelaide.
Borak Arts Series is the major annual arts conference and performing arts market for Southeast Asia. Established in 2013, Borak Arts Series has historically been held in Malaysia and facilitated by Kuala Lumpur based arts management company My Performing Arts Agency (MyPAA) .
Adelaide Festival Centre will host the Borak Arts Series during the OzAsia Festival 2018 with a view towards facilitating stronger links between the Australian and Southeast Asian arts and cultural sectors. This will be the first time the event has been held outside of Southeast Asia and the first opportunity for many Australian arts organisations and artists to engage with the conference.
Over two and a half days, delegates will participate in a comprehensive program combining networking, dialogue and cultural exchange, skills and creative development and performances. Key engagement areas for delegates will include:
- Keynote presentations from arts and cultural leaders;
- Curated panel discussions and roundtables exploring priority areas such as arts practice, cultural exchange, mobility and issues impacting on our arts community now,;
- Networking meetings and roundtables for participants to meet with local and international presenters and producers;
- Showcase performances, including short works in development as well as full length programmed works as part of the evening programs;
- Soiree sessions to relax and socialise with old and new friends; and
- Borak Arts Pitchpad, a performance showcase where artistic teams can pitch their work to presenters and arts professionals
Delegates at Borak Arts Series will have opportunities to attend performances presented at OzAsia Festival 2018 at special conference rates.
The Australia Council will provide travel bursaries for up to 50 Australian delegates to support attendance at Borak Arts Series. Recipients of the travel bursary will be selected through an EOI process, and will be responsible for all costs associated with attending the program, including registration, travel and accommodation.
Travel bursaries are available to Australian delegates at the following rates:
- Darwin and regional areas $700
- Brisbane, Hobart and Perth $500
- Melbourne and Sydney $400
Travel bursaries are not available for delegates from South Australia and Major Performing Arts companies.
Delegates from South Australia and Major Performing Arts companies are not eligible to apply for a travel bursary.
You must work in the performing arts in Australia to be eligible to apply.
Please also check the general eligibility requirements outlined on the Australia Council website.
You are required to respond to the following selection criteria:
- Impact of the opportunity in developing or enhancing your engagement with Southeast Asia;
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, Southeast Asia; and
- The timeliness of this opportunity and demonstrated ability to plan and deliver on any international outcomes that may arise.
No supporting material or submitted budget is required. Please note you will be unable to attach supporting material to your online application.
Australia Council staff will consider expressions of interest according to the selection criteria above and will seek recommendations by industry advisors as needed.
You will be informed of the outcome of your expression of interest by early September 2018.
How to submit an Expression of Interest
Click on the ‘Submit an EOI’ button at the bottom of this page. Expressions of Interest must be submitted via the Australia Council’s online system. To apply in the online system, please click on ‘Grants & Grant Reporting’ and choose ‘Expressions of Interest (EOI)’.
Note, this is an Expression of Interest and not a grant application. It does not count as an application to the Australia Council Grants Program.
For any questions in relation to the program, please contact Matthew Loftus on (02) 9215 9071 or email: email@example.com