Exhibition team leaders, Venice Biennale 2019
Applications have now closed.
Applications open: 3 October 2018
Applications close: 5pm ADST 31 October 2018
Date: Five-week periods between 5 May 2019 and 25 November 2019
Notification: December 2018
Exhibition Team Leaders
Exhibition Team Leaders assume a senior role in managing the daily operations of the Australian Pavilion during the Venice Biennale 2019.
Team Leaders gain valuable experience and advance their skills in exhibition management, invigilation and arts administration in the context of a major international exhibition. Exhibition Team Leaders are responsible for the monitoring and security of the exhibition, coordinating a team of Exhibition Attendants, giving guided tours to groups, assisting VIP visitors, keeping attendance records and reporting back to the Venice project team in Sydney formally on a weekly basis.
Each Exhibition Team Leader position is for a rostered period of five weeks during the course of the exhibition (5 May - 25 November 2019). Successful applicants will be required to take part in an induction and information session prior to departure.
How to apply
Applications are to be made using our online form, where you will be asked to respond to the position selection criteria in 250 words or less for each response.
Download a full position description and selection criteria here
You are also required to provide:
- A cover letter
- A current resume (two-page maximum)
- Up to two written references
- Letter of support from employer (if relevant)
Please also indicate in your cover letter if you have any of the following:
- Fluency in other languages; Italian is highly desirable
- Tertiary qualifications in Visual Arts, Art History, Art Theory or Arts Administration
To be eligible for this role you must:
- Be available to travel to Venice for a period of five weeks according to your chosen dates
- Be available for a follow-up phone/skype interview in November 2018 and to attend a one-day induction at the Australia Council office, Sydney in March 2019
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Adhere to the general Australia Council eligibility requirements as published on our website
The Australia Council for the Arts is committed to equity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, diverse cultural and regional communities and people with a disability. Please contact the project team for further information.
The Australia Council will provide the following support for participants:
- $2,500 for a return economy class airfare from your capital city to Venice. Please indicate in your application if you are travelling from regional/remote areas as additional travel and accommodation costs may be covered
- A daily per diem of AUD $100 to cover expenses and some local transport costs
- Accommodation in a one bedroom/studio apartment.
You will need to arrange and pay for:
- Travel insurance (you will need to provide proof of cover)
- Any additional costs in excess of the daily per diem provided
Additional support for participants who work in a freelance capacity or in independent practice may be available upon application thanks to the generosity of Anthony and Clare Cross.
Applications close at 5pm AEDST on 31 October 2018. Assessment and notifications will take place in November/December 2018.
To discuss your application, please contact Amber McCulloch Project and Communications Officer on (02) 9215 9336 or firstname.lastname@example.org