Visiting International Curators Program 2020
Credit: Marlene Gilson, What If, 2017 (detail). Photo: Biennale of Sydney/Zan Wimberley
The Australia Council for the Arts is pleased to announce the international curators participating in the Visiting International Curators Program 2020.
The Australia Council’s Visiting International Curators Program showcases art and artists here in Australia to international tastemakers.
The aims of the program are to raise the profile of Australia’s contemporary artists and curatorial expertise, demonstrate Australia’s growing regional engagement, and develop long-term relationships which will enable new partnerships, collaborations and market development.
Influential curators from around the globe are invited to Australia to experience a series of major contemporary art exhibitions, and join a busy parallel program of studio and gallery visits, talks, performances, artist meetings and industry networking events.
In 2020, the Visiting International Curators Program focuses on bringing international First Nations curators from Taiwan and North America, leading curators from the Asia-Pacific region, and curators who specialise in contemporary photomedia, to Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne.
Visiting International Curators x 2020 Adelaide Biennial of Australian Art and 22nd Biennale of Sydney
9-15 March 2020
- Nakaw Putun, Artistic Director, Pulima Art Festival and Curator, Wata, Hualien, Taiwan
- Candice Hopkins, Senior Curator, Toronto Biennial, Toronto, Canada
- Daina Warren, Gallery Director, Urban Shaman, Winnipeg, Canada
- Mirwan Andan, ruangrupa, artist & Artistic Directors, documenta 15, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Shubigi Rao, Curator, Kochi-Muziris Biennale, Kochi, India and Singapore.
- Josh Tengan, Curator, Pu’Uhonua Society & Tropic Editions, Honolulu, USA
- Jow Jiun Gong, Associate Professor/Director, Doctoral Program in Art Creation and Theory of Tainan National University of the Arts, Tainan, Taiwan
- Biung Ismahasan, Independent Curator, Taipei, Taiwan
For more information on the Visiting International Curators Program, please contact:
Joanna Bayndrian, International Market Adviser, North Asia
Ph: +61 2 9215 9152
The Visiting International Curators Program 2020 is delivered in partnership with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
- Visiting International Publishers
- International Arts Strategy Outcomes fund
- International residencies
- Biennale Arte
- Blue Cabin
Senior Manager, International Development: Thea-Mai Baumann
Manager, International Development Operations: Karen Le Roy
International Development Consultant: Norman Armour
International Development Consultant: Grey Yeoh
International Market Adviser: Joanna Bayndrian
South & Southeast Asia
International Market Adviser: Nithya Nagarajan
International Development Consultant: Katrina Schwarz
International Market Adviser: Ellen Dwyer
Project Manager: Tahmina Maskinyar
Senior Project Officer: Tara Kita