2020 Program Announcement
APAM deepens relationships and creates new markets and pathways across the globe for contemporary Australian performance. If you are an Australian artist or company, a venue, a festival or an international colleague, producer or presenter, APAM invites you to gather. Gatherings replace the previous biennial market event, increasing the number of APAM opportunities across Australia and forging international and national connections for contemporary Australian theatre, dance, emerging and experimental art. APAM Gatherings will be held at different festivals around the country diversifying experiences of Australian contemporary performance. Gatherings enable national and international presenters to see Australian work in context and under ideal conditions: full-scale, full-length, with uncompromised production values, and with a public audience. All Gatherings will include significant contributions from First Nations artists and companies.
More connections, more information, more often and in more places.
Gatherings are hosted events at established festivals around Australia, beginning with Melbourne and Darwin in 2020. To learn more about APAM Gatherings and how they fit into the new approach, read the APAM Overview.
- Melbourne | 10.30am, Mon 22 July, Malthouse Theatre
- Darwin | 10.30am, Wed 24 July, Browns Mart
- Albury-Wodonga | 11am, Thu 25 July, Hume Bank Butter Factory Theatre
- Hobart | 2.30pm, Fri 26 July, South Hobart Living Arts Centre
- Sydney | 10.30am, Mon 29 July, Carriageworks
- Brisbane | 2pm, Tue 30 July, La Boite
- Perth | 11am, Thu 1 August, Blue Room Theatre
- Adelaide | 11am, Fri 2 August, Nexus Arts Centre
- Canberra | 1pm, Mon 5 August, Canberra Theatre Centre
- Zoom session | 3pm AEST, Tue 6 August.