Major Performing Arts Framework
The National Performing Arts Partnership Framework
The Australia Council is pleased to announce that Jordan Gibbs from Culture Counts and Independent Consultant Merryn Carter have been awarded the tender for the National Performing Arts Touring Scan.Learn More
The Australian Government is proud to support Australia’s performing arts sector through the new National Performing Arts Partnership Framework.
The new Framework responds to the recommendations of the nationwide consultation process in 2018, which included 8,026 survey responses, 370 formal submissions and 15 forums across the country.
The Framework provides:
- a clear approach to prioritising outcomes for the Australian performing arts sector, audiences and communities, such as growing First Nations arts
- a pathway to expand the number of funded companies through a two stage invitation and assessment process
- stability of funding through 4 + 4 year contracts, balanced with flexibility so governments can jointly respond to changing priorities
- increased transparency and accountability through enhanced reporting
- a new approach to rewarding artistic and organisational excellence.
The joint agreement between the Australian, state and territory governments will deliver sustainable arts funding into the future.
Find out more about the National Performing Arts Partnership Framework:
- Meeting of Cultural Ministers Communique – 11 October 2019
- National Performing Arts Partnership Framework PDF | RTF | DOCX
- Media release from Hon Paul Fletcher MP, Minister for Communications, Cyber Safety and the Arts. (PDF Version)
Find out more about the first and second phase of the consultation process.
Major Performing Arts Companies Overview
Major Performing Arts Companies Background
List of Major Performing Arts Companies
Major Performing Arts Collaborative Arts Projects
MPA Panel Biographies